If you’re planning to go Kyoto in your next destination list, you must consider to go there in the period of Autumn season. Because Kyoto in Autumn is unforgettably beautiful. All of the surrounding will enrich your memory whilst in there. Here are 5 reasons of why you should visit Kyoto:
- City that is still rich with Japanese Culture. Unlike the other 2 famous cities in Japan, Tokyo and Osaka. Kyoto will give you a different idea of Japan experience. Kyoto is a city that is still rich with its original Japan culture. Not a lot of high apartment around, Japanese typical houses still can be found in a lot of places, transportation with buses is considered as the easiest way to go around instead of taking train. Kyoto is a perfect place to relax.
- Quiet and calm environment. This is to give more support to the previous point. Kyoto is a not a crowded and congested city like the busy Tokyo is. Kyoto is very chill and easy. Not a lot of noise can be heard, even in the middle of the day. Kyoto is the best place to calm your mind.
- Nature friendly surrounding. If you look up on Google about must visit places in Kyoto, the answer will undoubtedly came out about the nature surrounding related. The park, the lake, the mountain, the temple and etc. They are all have magnificent view to not miss. The good thing is they’re not far to reach. It’s Kyoto and its surrounding.
- Japanese typical of city. As I mentioned in the first point, there hasn’t been a lot of high apartment in Kyoto, unlike Osaka and Kyoto. Most of houses in Kyoto are still in Japanese style. Small houses arranged orderly and neatly. Even though some are equipped with high security access system, but inside they’re still using the bamboo door and tatami for the bed. Unique combination, but that’s what I like about it.
- Geisha District. There is a place in Kyoto named Gion, which is famous among tourist because it’s also a Geisha District. What is unique of this district because its the place full of wooden traditional model of houses. The district itself is filled with shops, restaurants and ochaya (teahouses), where geiko (Kyoto dialect for geisha) and maiko (geiko apprentices) entertain. If lucky, you can spot one around before they get started to work. But if you have the intention to see them performing, you can book yourself to one of their performance there.
Those points I’ve mentioned are just 5 basics reason to not miss in Kyoto. While actually there still a lot of things to be embrace to enjoy your holiday. The foods are awesome, the weather is nice, and many other things. So, shall we? 😉